MARUWA CO., LTD.
History
Before Establishment
MARUWA's origin comes from ceramic artist family which has history since Edo period (beginning of 1800s).
In Taisho Period (in 1910s-20s), the family has started manufacturing dishes for Japanese cuisine. Yoshiro Kanbe has established MARUWA Limited Partnership Company in 1946 in order to sell the ceramic porcelain products (in Seto-city, Aichi). The products were manufactured and exported.
In 1960s, MARUWA has shifted the business to electronic components area (speciality ceramics for communication equipments, ceramics for chip resisters) which market needs were growing rapidly.
Pioneer spirit has been a very important base of MARUWA Group's philosophy, as well as long cultivated ceramic technologies.
By Year Chronology
1989
Maruwa established in Malaysia Maruwa (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd : 26th Dec 1989

1990 First batch of employees ( management and production) started
their jobs.Establishment of Extraction Department
End of 1991 The establishment of Substrate Department
with 10 employees

1992 Opening of second plant and establishment of new department
( Slider ) Maruwa (M) Sdn Bhd has 200 employees

1996 The construction of the third plant.
1997 Opening of ceramic valve department .
The manpower increase to 900 employees
Receive recognition of company ISO 9001 : 1997

1999 Establishment of Maruwa Trading Sdn Bhd : 18th June 1999
2000
Opening of the fifth plant by Datuk Dr Fong Chan Onn ( Minister
of Human Resources )


2001 Receive recognition of company MS ISO 14001
2003 Has 1200 employees. Vision 2006 created
2004 Groundbreaking ceremony for the sixth plant by Y.A.B Datuk Seri
Mohd Ali Rustam.

2006 MARUWA (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. won Chief Minister Award in Melaka,
Malaysia as the excellent company which accomplish social responsibility

2009 Establishment of Maruwa Melaka Sdn Bhd : 30th Oct 2009
2011 Establishment of Maruwa Lightings Sdn Bhd: 8th Oct 2011